7.02.2012

"Bad Kid" in the San Antonio Current

 
The San Antonio Current has run an article in their new issue about my storytelling and solo show, "Bad Kid." It's a sassy piece entitled "David Crabb dishes queer Saytown goth to the rest of the world." Get a load of that gay-with-a-capital-G bidness!

Many thanks to journalist Gregg Barrios, who let me blather on for about half an hour about how deeply I love The Smiths when all he probably wanted to know was what my show was about. Talking to him about the good old days in SA was great- getting high at The Rocky Horror Picture Show at Northwest Theatre, making out on the dirty sofas suspended from the ceiling at Changez, breaking into the grounds of the McNay Museum on acid. What an unsullied youth! And what a nice article.



So hang on San Antonio. I might be a few steps closer to performing my solo show "Bad Kid" in the actual place it happened. It would certainly be a rush to talk about drag queens fist-fighting at the Alamo in a theatre NEAR the Alamo! 

"Shhhh... you can almost hear them voguing."

READ THE ARTICLE HERE

No comments: